Safeguard Your Data From Any Potential Theft
Confidential material is any documentation generated within a business which under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be securely destroyed. The list of documents deemed as confidential information can vary in each business. This can include draft copies that contain sensitive or personnel information, Customer Invoices, emails and even memos, as they all show some form of business activity. Every business is entrusted with information that must be kept private. Customers & employees details must legally be protected from any unauthorised disclosure.
Without the correct safeguards in place or by not adhering to a system process of routinely destroying records, companies are breaking the law, and may be liable to prosecution and a large fine.
The latest requirements outlined in the Data Protection Act, as well as the European and Government regulations state it is now essential that every business/organisation has a secure system in place for the disposal of confidential information. It is now the law!
WHERE IS CONFIDENTIAL MATERIAL PRODUCED?
HOW MANY EMPLOYEES REFER TO IT?
HOW OFTEN IS IT REVIEWED OR UPDATED?
ARE ALL STAFF WHO PROCESS THE INFORMATION TRAINED ON THE DATA PROTECTION ACT?
Accounting & Computer Personnel
- Reports Payroll Information
- Payroll Statements Performance Appraisals
- Budget Schedules Applications
- Internal Data reports etc Disciplinary reports, promotions
- Supplier / customer Invoices
- Supplier Information Medical records
- Customer lists Treatment programs
- Manuals Supplier Records
- Training Information Supplier Specifications
- Activity Sheets Supplier Purchase Orders
- Contracts Supplier Confidential Info
- General Service Information Corporate records
- Treatment programs Appraisals, product testing
Sales & Marketing Executive Branch
- Customer lists/contracts Reports
- Strategies Budgets
- Customer Service Information Letters
- Advertising Legal contracts
- Activity Sheets Correspondence
- Training Information Schedules
Research & Development
- New product information
- Competitions testing
- Formulas, products tests/plans
- Specification drawings